Monday, January 11, 2010

What's the infatuation with La Spadas Hoagies?

I went to La Spada's Hoagies this weekend for the first time in about a year. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures. Anyway, the reason I went back there this weekend is that in the 2010 South Florida edition of Zagat's, La Spada's was rated as the BEST food in all of Fort Lauderdale. I kid you not..... I wanted to try it again to see what the infatuated is. I've eaten there a few times in the past but not recently, but I never understood why people thought they were so amazing. Don't get me wrong, they do make a very good sub, but, it's just a sub and not really any better than any number of places, like My Market for example. I had the "Monster", which is Ham, Turkey, Roast Beef and cheese. $10.75 for a large. It was quite good and was enough for 2+ servings. But again, it was just a sub. No exceptional or interesting toppings, just your standard lettuce, tomato, onions, hot and sweet peppers, etc. Was I happy with the sub, yes, but the best food in Ft. Lauderdale? Come on. Can someone please tell my how anyone can think this is the best food in Fort Lauderdale?

No comments:

Post a Comment