Wednesday, January 13, 2010

11th St. Annex

I finally made it to the 11th Street annex for lunch today. 14 SW 11th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL, right across from the Trinity Lutheran Church, off of Andrews Ave.

How had I never heard of this place in all the years I've been working near the courthouse? It is truly a great discovery. They only have about 6 tables and it fills up quickly at lunchtime, but the food was great. It feels like you are dining in someones living room. They don't have a set menu, instead they have 4-5 daily choices, usually consisting of a soup, 2-3 sandwiches, an entree or 2, and a dessert. I had the Japanese style lightly fried turkey breast topped with Seaweed salad. It came with a side of macaroni salad, $9. My friend had the Chicken Curry with Roti, $9. Both were excellent. (pictured below)

The only negative of this place is the limited seating and since they only seem to have 2 or 3 employees, it isn't the quickest of places. The great food and cozy atmosphere more then makes up for it though. I will certainly be coming back here many times. 8.0/10

2 comments:

  1. Dan --

    Got a website for this place? Or operating hours? Are they open for dinner, or breakfast?

    It sounds good, but if it's so busy for lunch, I might want to go for dinner, or breakfast -- if they're open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are only open for lunch. Monday-Friday 11:30-2:30. I don't think they have a website.
    Phone number is 954 767-8306

    ReplyDelete