Friday, January 22, 2010

Kelly's Landing 1/22

Kelly's Landing is a Northeastern/Boston style seafood restaurant located just off 17th St. in Fort Lauderdale, http://www.kellyslandingseafood.com/

They have a fairly large menu, mostly fried items like Ipswich clams, scrod, haddock, and shrimp. Not surprisingly they also make an excellent clam chowda. Today, I wasn't feeling the fried items, so I went with a grilled Mahi Sandwich. My only complaint about this place is that all of their northeastern fish items like scrod and the haddock only come fried. Mahi isn't my favorite fish, but for some reason it appealed to me today. The sandwich was a decent size and came with a fairly good cole slaw and excellent Boston style baked beans. $9. My friend had the Ipswich clam roll, which was about 10 Ipswich belly clams on a New England Style hot dog roll. $13. I've had these before and they are excellent, but a little pricey.
I've also heard that Kelly's makes and excellent hamburger, but I've yet to try it.
Although I could do without all the Red Sox paraphernalia all over the walls, Kelly's is a quality lunch spot if you are looking for fried seafood or chowder. 7.0/10




No comments:

Post a Comment