Friday, January 8, 2010

1/8 Update, Anthony's Runway 84 from 12/23

I've been really slacking off on here lately and I'm going to try to be a bit more consistent with the posts in the coming year. I am running out of local places so any suggestions are greatly appreciate. Also, comments are welcome. Shout out to the JAAB Blog http://jaablaw.com/ for the recommendation to try Saigon City. I'll be sure to stop by in the coming weeks.

Anthony's Runway 84

Before the holidays, we hit Anthony's Runway 84, near SR 84 and Andrews. This long standing Fort Lauderdale Landmark recently started serving lunch. The last time I ate here, was probably with my Grandparents when I was like 10. I've mostly avoided it for dinner over the years due to the long waits. There were 3 of us for lunch so we decided to split 3 of there most traditional appetizers and a sandwich. (Pictured below in order) We had their famous meatballs, which were quite good, but not as awesome as I expected them to be, the rice balls, which were stuffed with meet and cheese and where fantastic, and the sausage and broccoli rabe, which was also fantastic. We also ordered a chicken panani (not pictured), which we probably could have skipped. It was nothing special. The 3 appetizers would have been enough for lunch. They had a few other items that looked interesting, including a seafood salad, which I'll try next time. Price wise, the lunch menu is very reasonable. The apps were about $8-9 each and the panini was like $10 I think. Overall, lunchtime is a great opportunity to dine at this historic Fort Lauderdale landmark for a reasonable price with none of the usual waits or favorable treatment for tables. 8.0 out of 10













No comments:

Post a Comment