Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gilbert's 17th Grill 1/19

I went back to Gilbert's 17th St. http://www.gilberts17thstgrill.com/ in the Harbour Shoppes today. (Previously reviewed). I had heard they have some really good hamburgers, so I had one today. I got the Cheeseburger, medium rare, with sweet potato fries. $8.50. The burger came out a perfect medium rare, which was great because so many places are afraid to serve it that way. It was very juicy and not one of these thin little patties like is served at so many places today, like 5 guys. The sweet potato fries were also quite good, though they needed some kind of dipping sauce other then ketchup. Overall, a very good and juicy burger, served just the way I prefer them. 8.0/10.


3 comments:

  1. why would anyone order an $8.50 burger when they can go next door to 5 guys and get a far superior burger for less?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five Guys is for novices and simpletons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree that 5 guys is very overrated. I guess if you like a small thin patty with lots of toppings, then 5 guys is your place. It's just average for me though.

    ReplyDelete