Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pita Plus 9/1

I made the 15 minute drive down to Pita Plus at 2145 Stirling Road, Fort Lauderdale. I really like this place but I don't go here as often as I would like because it is a but longer of a drive from my office then I usually go for lunch.
Pita Plus is a Kosher/Israeli restaurant with counter service. The items are prepared to order but you can get in and out of there fairly quickly. My 2 favorite items are the falafel pita and the shwarma pita. Both come with hummus and tahini sauce as well as the salad toppings of your choice. I get mine with everything including the hot/spicy items. You also get access to the pickles, peppers, and cabbage bar to the left side of the counter.
Pita Plus makes the best falafel and shwarma sandwich that I have found in the area. If you know of a better place close to Fort Lauderdale, then I'd like to hear about it. 8.5/10

1 comment:

  1. daniel. just found out about your food blog from reading JAAB - nice work!

    and lets not forget who introduced you to this great falafel place down on Stirling Rd. - and I must throw in a vote for this place just to see the cute israeli girl working the register!

    But, you're right - no better falafel near ft. lauderdale (best in Broward though is a place down in Hollywood)

    ReplyDelete