Monday, September 7, 2009

Shuck N Dive, 9/3

Shuck 'N Dive Cajun Cafe is located at 650 N. Federal Highway in Fort Lauderdale.
Although they serve excellent food, for some reason I rarely go to this place, despite the fact that it is very close to both my home and office. They used to have terrible service and many of the workers there had attitudes, but that didn't seem to be the case anymore on this visit. Their prices are still a bit high though, especially for lunch. An oyster Po Boy, for example costs, $12.99.
Today I was looking for something a little lighter then usual so I got the grilled chicken sandwich with tater tots for $9.49, which is fairly reasonable. The tots were excellent as always, especially with hot sauce poured on top. They offer a nice selection of bottled hot sauce choices. Overall the sandwich was pretty good and had a nice seasoning.
Again, the food here is always solid, but there is just something about the place that makes me only go back there just a few times a year. I'm not sure what it is though. Any thoughts???? 7.0/10

2 comments:

  1. did you put any tots in your pocket to bring back to work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a former resident of NOLA, I cringe at this blogs author's use of the word "excellent" to describe this restaurant. Overpriced, frozen food.

    ReplyDelete