Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Texas Hold 'Em BBQ, 8/19

I tried Texas Hold 'Em BBQ at 21 South West 7th StreeetFort Lauderdale, FL today. They used to be located on Sunrise Blvd near Andrews, so this new location is certainly an upgrade in neighborhoods.
I ordered the pulled pork dinner with mac n cheese and collard greens for $7.95. The pork was quite good and they added just the right amount of sauce and didn't completely smother it in bbq sauce, which is what many places do and I can't stand. Why someone would want to cover the taste of pork that has been slow cooked over wood for at least 10 hours with tons of sauce is beyond me. Anyway, I digress. I also thoroughly enjoyed the mac n cheese but the collard greens where just ok. Next time I go I'll be trying the ribs. Overall a very good lunch though, 8.0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment