Thursday, August 20, 2009

Moe's Southwest Grill, 8/20

I'm going to try a new format for this review as recommended by a reader, Mike M. While this format probably works better for a regular sit down place, I'll give it a try for Moe's. First, let me disclose that I am friends with the owner of this location of the franchise, but I don't think my comments are influenced by that in any way.

Location: Moe's Southwest Grill is located in the Harbour Shoppes off of 17th St. in Fort Lauderdale, near Port Everglades. There is plenty of free parking in the shopping plaza.

Service: Your order is prepared in front of you on an assembly line sort of system like at Subway. They move you through the line fairly quickly, so this is a great place for a quick fast food type lunch but with better then fast food quality.

Decor: Obviously nothing to fancy here, given the genre, but it is clean and well kept.

Food/Menu: As the name suggests, Moe's serves tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and salads. I had the 2 taco combo today that came with a side of queso, chips, and a drink for $8.39. Tacos were pretty good, but contained to much cheese for my taste. I should have told the preparer to put on less cheese, so this was my fault. Other then that, they were pretty good tacos and the combo made it a pretty good value. On previous visits I had the Close Talker salad which can be fairly heathly if ordered without cheese and either light on the dressing or just using salsa instead of dressing.

Overall, Moe's is a good choice for a quick, inexpensive lunch that allows you to choose exactly what toppings you want on your item. 7.5/10

2 comments:

  1. When in the mood for quick mexican food on the east side of lauderdale, I head for Zona Fresca.

    ReplyDelete