Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tarpon Bend 10/6

Although many think of the Tarpon Bend, 200 SW 2nd St, Fort Lauderdale, as a happy hour bar place, it is also just as much a restaurant with very good lunch fare. They usually offer 2-3 daily fish specials and in my visits there, the fish has always been fresh and very tasty. I almost always get the fish sandwich. Again, the fish varies from day to do. Today it was Sea Bass. $12 You also get a choice of side or vegetable of the day. I chose the warm orzo and vegetable salad.
I was very happy with the sandwich. The fish was a nice cut and the key lime mayo worked perfectly on it, with lettuce, tomato and red onion. The orzo was nice but I would have liked the serving size to be a big more. Sorry, I once again forgot to take a picture and I was starving on arrival and it was 3/4 of the way eaten when I remembered that I needed to photograph it. Overall and excellent fresh grilled fish sandwich, which is surprisingly hard to come by in this area for whatever reason. 8.5/10.
Who else makes a great grilled fish sandwich?


Injured? Arrested. Visit my Law Firms new website at
www.southfloridaaccidents.com

2 comments:

  1. Dan, do you really think people in need of a lawyer are going to hire you from a food blog? Come on, you're giving us lawyers a bad name!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Just trying to promote our new website and drive up traffic

    ReplyDelete