Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Taqueria Dona Raquel 10/7

I finally got to try Taqueria Dona Raquel in Pompano Beach today on my way back from visiting a client at the jail. It is located at 793 S Dixie Hwy W, Pompano Beach. I've heard great things about this place for awhile but never managed to make it up there. From what I've been told, they previously only spoke spanish, but now the menu is in both spanish and english. This is the first true and authentic Mexican Taqueria that I have been to in South Florida. I ordered 2 tacos al pastor, $1.99 each and 1 steak sopas $1.99, pictured below. The also bring amazingly fresh tortilla chips and 2 sauces to the table. The sauces were both excellent and hot but not overbearing. The tacos where fantastic. The sopas was good but a little hard to eat. Next time I'll stick to the tacos. They also make these fresh juice water drinks that are top notch. Overall, this place is a hidden gem and I will try and make it back there anytime I'm in the area. 9.0/10.



No comments:

Post a Comment