Monday, June 21, 2010

6/21 Whale's Rib, Deerfield Beach

I'm back after a long time off and I'll try to have daily updates going forward (albeit short and brief ones sometimes)

I was up in the Deerfield area so I decided to make a trip out to the beach and try the famous Key West Dolphin Sandwich at the Whales Rib, 2031 NE Second St., Deerfield Beach.
I had heard a lot about this place and the sandwich as it was featured on Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives. It did not disappoint.

One note, the parking situation is fairly tough, which is understandable due to the beach location, but I drove around the block a few times and eventually found a spot.

The Key West Dolphin Sandwich features a fresh grilled piece of Mahi topped with cole slaw, Swiss cheese and thousand island. Certainly not the healthiest fish sandwich, but it does taste great. The Whales rib also features in house cooked potato chips called whale fries that are served with a mayo based honey mustardy sauce called whale juice that is outstanding.

This is a really good sandwich and the place is definately worth checking out when in the area. 8.5/10





No comments:

Post a Comment